The Manor was founded in 1571 by Abraham Poniatovskis. It is theorised that the name of the manor and the setlement Abromiškės was derived from his name. In the 17th century the manor belonged to the Bychovci family, and in the 18th and 19th centuries it was ruled by the Counts de Raes of French origin.
During the 19th century, the manor was considered one of the most beautiful and well-organized manors in Lithuania with an active cultural life. While traveling to Vilnius in 1882 Napoleon spent one night at the Abromishkes manor.
The manor house belongs to vernacular (folk) classicism and historicism architecture. The building is long, rooms arranged randomly. The middle part of the manor is wooden, one-story, with attics.
In the gently undulating terrain near the lake of the same name, the scenic landscape of the park was established in the first half of the 19th century. A curved alley leads through the park to the manor's house and wraps around the circular parterre in front of the house.
An avenue of small-leaved linden trees about 100 m long led from the manor house to the garden. Few of the rather abundant exotic plants that grew here have survived to this day. Common chestnuts and firs (picea abies ‘Ohlendorfii’ ), northern white-cedar, big-leaved and common linden, sycamore maples, grey and Canadian poplar trees.
In 2002 Abromiškės manor was elisted in the Lithuanian register of cultural valuables.
The estate is currently undergoing a period of revival. There are plans for establishing guest houses and representative halls for cultural events, concerts, performances and conferences. Later, rebuild otther buildings of the complex - to arrange the office and stables, mill.